Physics Education Group
The Physics Education Group (PEG) of the AIP provides a forum for the advancement of physics education through research and practice. It is also responsible for the education stream at the biennial AIP congress.
Terms of Reference
- to advise the National AIP Council on educational matters
- to be responsible for the Education program at National Congresses
- to provide a communication channel by which AIP members in each state, concerned about Physics Education, can communicate with each other, on educational issues
- to develop a network of university physics societies to benefit undergraduate and postgraduate students
- to encourage State branches to conduct special workshops on science education and in-service training courses for teachers
- to have a special concern for the popularisation of science
- to be aware of what is happening in Physics Education outside of Australia, and to investigate the possibility of bringing workshop speakers from interstate/overseas
- to establish an on-line resource for physics teachers around Australia*
- to develop a program of activities and support for teachers of physics in both the secondary and tertiary sectors*
- to provide feedback to high school teachers on the strengths and weaknesses of the current curriculum materials*
- to ensure that at each Congress there is at least one overseas Physics Education plenary speaker, sponsored by the national AIP
- to advise the Congress committee on the names of suitable Physics Education plenary speaker.